Yeninko of the Umlaut

Monday, May 11, 2009

Helvetica

I just finally went back to finishing Helvetica this weekend after having paused halfway through late one night last year. As most of my friends are in the design world much of the stuff in the film will not be particularly surprising to them. However, even if you aren't interest in the film (designer and non designer alike) I'd recommend starting it at about 35 minutes only to watch this one guy go into his critic of Helvetica. I swear, I wish I had the gift for dialouge in my first language that he has in his second. Incredible humourous.

And for all you non-designers I'd recommend it as well, just get and idea of the ubiquitousness of the use of the font and also to get and idea of the world before Helvetica (BH as it were).

It is a netflix watch-it-now movie and is pretty short at 80 minutes.

More on the Helvetica font can be found on wikipedia.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • More on the Helvetica font can be found on wikipedia and if you link, you need a more challenging life.

    By Anonymous Sony, at 12:52 PM  

  • It's my User Interface background. If there is any possible way to hand feed a user, you should be doing that.

    By Blogger Yen, at 1:05 PM  

  • Sorry, I meant if a reader links through the reader needs a more challenging life. Reading about font....(shakes head)....

    Where's the Cuba post? I want a VS Naipul worthy travelogue.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home