Yeninko of the Umlaut

Friday, November 10, 2006

Beautiful Day

On the way to work this morning, at the top of the hill on Turk I found myself adjusting my mirror. And looking into that mirror, on this cold, crisp morning, with the hills and houses of San Francisco illuminated by the sunrises’ red glow I was once again surprised, and reminded, of the beauty of the city I live in. It seems odd that in the middle of my ho-hum life that I can be brought to awe by the geography and character of the city in which I reside. San Francisco may not love me, but I do love San Francisco.

Also Shachar is in town, so everything is a little lovelier.

2 Comments:

  • I feel that way too. Even amidst all the muck and nasty smells there are moments of just breathtaking beauty and joy to be found in the city.
    - Gen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:22 AM  

  • Hey, post a picture of Schachar. Did he get a haircut?

    No one will believe me, but L.A. is beautiful on those rare cold, days with snow in the mountains.

    By Blogger $9,000,000,000 Write Off, at 5:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home