Yeninko of the Umlaut

Friday, August 04, 2006

"Well No Miss, It Is Mostly Wood"

While looking up how many bags I was allowed for my flight to Denver last month I ran across a handy list provided by Frontier Airlines, indicating what sorts of odd luggage were allowed. Lots of interesting stuff in that list but the item that caught my attention were the rules on skateboards.

Apparently you can check a skateboard as a piece of your luggage at no extra charge with the following exception; "Cannot accept skateboards with hazmat stickers."

You have to figure that one came up a lot to make it in the rulebook.



4 Comments:

  • Wait. Javelins are not allowed as carry-on items? They'd totally fit under the seat in front of me.

    By Blogger scott, at 2:20 PM  

  • Hey did you know you RSS feed no longer seems to work? I click on the little orange square, it gives me a bookmark of http://fishist.blogspot.com/atom.xml, and yet it always says RSS feed failed to load.

    By Blogger Stanza, at 8:26 AM  

  • I just got off an airplane last night. No more bringing two bottles of water for me. :(

    By Blogger Stanza, at 10:34 AM  

  • Something I learned from Neil Gaiman
    http://www.neilgaiman.com/journal/2006/09/terrorism-and-my-toothpaste.html

    is that despite all these liquids are being banned, the only one not banned are "personal lubricants".

    I propose whoever is next to fly somewhere, to take with them 4oz of "personal lubricants", and let us know what security thinks of it.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_lubricant

    By Blogger Stanza, at 1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home