Yeninko of the Umlaut

Thursday, June 01, 2006

So, I'm Going to Get Fat. Really Fat.

As I mentioned a while back, I bought a scooter (2000 Aprilia Scarabeo 50cc). And now I love it. It’s so easy. Sit dwon, hit button, go. It’s as convenient as bike but a bike with a top speed of 45mph. I’m so in love with it that I’ve completely stopped walking or riding my bicycle anywhere. Work is a 15 minute walk...or a 3 minute ride! Safeway only a few blocks away? Why walk when you can have the scooter carry your groceries!

It’s getting to the point where I’m thinking I should just sell it for my health. But it is so much fun! Because of the way the handle bars are set up you can’t see scooter as you are riding, so it feels as if you are just flying down the road completely unencumbered, like a GOD!!!

So if any of you all want to come try it out you are welcome to. It is such a gas I can hardly believe it (speaking of gas, it gets 100 miles a gallon). Wash you hair first if you want to borrow my helmet.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home