Yeninko of the Umlaut

Monday, June 19, 2006

Once Upon A Time...

A bird pooped on me today.

I wasn't really sure how to turn that event into a storry so that is what you get.

Two observations though; First, I was surprised how long it's been since I was pooped on by a bird (Middle school?). At this rate I can expect to be pooped on by a bird four more times max. That isn’t so bad. Secondly, I was astonished with how nonplussed I was about the whole thing. I mean that sort of thing can ruin your whole day. It's a sign of my current mental state that a bird pooping on me wasn't even a real irritation, maybe a slight disappointment.

The End.

2 Comments:

  • I think it must be a good omen and here is why. When I was eighteen and in Japan, I was walking back to my friend's house to get ready to go to the airport when a bird pooped all over my arm including my new watch. Now I thought to myself, I wonder if in Japan is this a good omen or a bad one - seeing that I was just about to get on a plane that flew over nothing but ocean for 13 hours and there was a huge storm blowing in. But, I made it home safely so therefore it must have been a good omen. So there you go.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:58 AM  

  • I've never had a bird poop on me.

    Does this mean I can expect to be pooped on by birds zero more times?

    Regarding the nonplussedness of it all, I suspect as people get older they care less about trivialities such as getting pooped on by the random bird. Not saying that you're old (and are you implying a max age of about 90? Why die so young?) but you're definately past the age of "angst ridden teenager".

    But seriously, why should a bird poop ruin your whole day?

    By Blogger Stanza, at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home