Yeninko of the Umlaut

Monday, May 08, 2006

I Don't Think San Francisco Loves Me

I just never know what to expect from her anymore. She’s like that bad girlfriend. First months of constant rain. I tried begging, pleading. “What is wrong San Francisco? Can we talk about it? Is it something I did?” And then BAM! Sunny days and beautiful clear skies and I still don’t understand what was wrong in the first place. But god knows I just have to be grateful for the change in disposition and not ask any questions, lest I piss her off and BAM! Just as fast I’m socked in with fog for months.

The inability to communicate and the volatility of moods only masks other issues. San Francisco has expensive tastes, tastes I just can’t afford. I’ll never be able to afford a house for her. San Francisco is ready to spend every cent I make as fast as I save it. It’s like that saying, savers and spenders don’t mix. And really I can’t keep up with her party lifestyle anymore either, and god knows I’ve tried but it’s just not who I am, I’m a pot luck and BBQ kind of guy. Besides I think my hearing loss may be permanent and all the damage to my liver just trying to keep up...I just can’t maintain anymore.

The thing that kills me is that San Francisco is so much more popular than me. It a joke, not even a competition. I know if we ever break up she’ll get most our friends. But damnit, I love her so much that even though I know it isn’t meant to be I just can’t let her go. Not yet. Maybe we should have a talk, maybe I should start seeing other cities, heaven knows she hasn’t be faithful to me.

1 Comments:

  • Very cleverly written, and yes, I totally understand. I think SF was just indifferent to me those years that I lived there, but there a are lots of things I have to be grateful for, like meeting you, andrea, kate, etc. It's a great city, a fantastic city, it's just really hard to get everything one to get everything they want there. Close, but no cigar.

    By Blogger travis, at 6:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home