Yeninko of the Umlaut

Friday, May 19, 2006

And With This Payment I Thee Slay

Now and again I get the spending bug, where I just want to spend money. Sometimes clothes, or trips or whatnot. I know if I can wait it out it'll pass but it an urge hard to resist.

Today I spent a cool $467.27. But what I purchased was a little financial independence.

I called up one of my student loan companies, ACS (you may know them as AFSA), and paid them off. At less than $500 you can imagine it isn't the largest loan but it's just one less thing I need to pay for every month.

In keeping with the advice of some anonymous accountant Andrea sat next to on an airplane, I'm taking all the money I would have been paying to that loan and applying it to my other loans. So I net nothing now but a payoff date slightly nearer in the future.

...

Also I bought a used 2000 Aprilia Scarabeo 50cc Scooter last week and I felt like I need to do something responsible.

The scooter looks exactly like the one below except A) mine is blue & B) mine looks less shiney and more like it has been T-boned by a car, which it has. Also while I rode it home, I'm not sure it fits the 'drivable' category.

I don't need pretty things, I have pretty friends :)



A more realistic picture will come soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home