Yeninko of the Umlaut

Friday, February 10, 2006

Two Beers

So after a month or so of not drinking, I met up with Scott and had a couple of beers down at Edinburgh castle. It’s odd how much nostalgia I have for the Tenderloin. All those games of Scrabble with Travis and Jessie and all those homebrews and potatoes wedges, dear god. Hey Jessie, I looked for the tranny over by the store we would get ice cream from but no luck. Other than that the TL looked like it probably has for the last 100 years. Prostitutes, drug dealers, and hipsters looking for a good time.

Anyway, Scott and I had a couple of beers which was nice since I missed him in Portland last time I went. And while we were talking I suggested that we have a local holiday when he comes. After some further (sober) thought I’ve refined the idea. I think we should have Scott Day once year on a fixed date here in SF. It would work something like this. Lots of beer and hanging out waiting for Scott to make his appearance. When he did there would be great rejoicing and people would cover him in lei’s.

I like the idea of it being mostly people he doesn’t know (though those who know him are welcome), sort of one of those odd SF traditions. A sort of anti-celebrity worship. And it’ll be like the groundhog’s day, some times he’ll show and sometimes he won’t, who can predict such things?

Okay. See this happens a lot. I am completely serious and everyone else thinks I’m an more than slightly odd.

In any case as you all know I’m a lightweight, and after no drinking for 30 days, my condition was not improved. One final observation. I wonder what it means when talking about your friends kid is actually on of the high points of the evening?

Also, Hi Wendy, thanks for reading, now I feel like less of a Logan stalker. Less, mind you.

1 Comments:

  • First off, good times. Glad you were free for a last minute pint. Second, I've never been covered in leis before. As long as they go with beer, count me in. You'll be the first person I call when I get into SF next time.

    By Blogger scott, at 8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home