Yeninko of the Umlaut

Monday, December 05, 2005

This is Why People Wait in Line at the Fillmore

If you bought tickets from Ticketmaster I might suggest you check you credit card statements for $9 charges from 'Entertainment Rewards'.I noticed the $9 charge yesterday and when I called America Express they let me know it had been charge for the last four months. I had them remove the charges and then called Entertainment Rewards, alas they are only open during business hours during the week.

When I called Entertainment Rewards the next business day (877-793-6866) to cancel, they claimed I had signed when I purchased a ticket on Ticketmasters web site which is false. Apparently when you buy a ticket, you are automatically signed up (they claim you select a box which is BS).

In any case, you might want to check out you credit card statements if you have been using Ticketmaster and pass this along to anyone else that you know who has done so. If you don't have your statement just call them up and select 'cancel membership' in the phone tree and they'll ask for your ZIP and last name.

The thing that really kills me is that I never received any information on how I was supposed to take advantage of this service. I can't wait for the class action suit.

6 Comments:

  • I was just checking my CC Statement and I too have that silly $9.00 charge...I do recall on a recent purchase something about Entertainment Rewards but I declined and still got Billed???

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  

  • You aren't the first one to say that. Apparently, declining or not they sign you up and bill you. Total BS but totally normal business practice from Ticket Master, being asses that is.

    By Blogger Yen, at 9:57 AM  

  • I just notice that I was charged 9 dollars, and I search the phone number to see whom charged me beofre I call the bank, I found this site. Firt of all, very good job! and secondly this Entertainment Reward s is a crap! I just called them waitted about 20 minutes on hold. No body answer. I'll better call my bank, and stop the payments.
    Thanks guys! Everybody should hear what type of bussiness they are doing and stop buying tickets from them

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

  • I got an overdraft fee because this stupid 9 dollars came out of my account. i had never noticed before then but when i look back through my bank history there's that pesky nine dollars every month. i'm glad i'm not the only one. this is the stupidest thing i've ever heard of. thanks for the info. i went to google and typed in the phone number and this sit popped up. go figure they're screwing everybody over.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:12 PM  

  • I too googled the phone number after checking my Visa statement and noticed the bogus $9 charges. That's how I got here. I haven't used TicketBastards for over 6 months. WTF.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:52 AM  

  • Me too...I am angry...they box said 30 day trial free to get cheap tickets...I just left it ticked...can't believe those f%^$ckers...and I get evn get through to them!

    What a scam...

    Amanda
    August 25, 2006

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home