Yeninko of the Umlaut

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

New Toy

Not too long ago I bought a new digital camera, my last one having died on me after only four years. Can you still get 1.2 megapixel cameras? Anyway , I bought the beautiful, sleek Olympus Stylus Verve.


Whilst looking for the best deal via froogle what do I discover but that Olympus makes water proof camera cases not only for the Stylus Verve but for nearly every one of their digital cameras, which, as far as I am concerned is one of the coolest things ever. Water proof also means sand proof, and even Playa proof for all you Burners.


I received it last night and tested it by leaving it in the sink for about 5 minutes and it looked good. What surprises me is that all the functions (buttons, scroll wheel, etc.) are fully functional while the camera is in the case. The case is only built to withstand water pressure up to 3 meters but I'll tell you, I get a little worried at about that depth so it shouldn't be a problem. Also the case, with the camera in it, floats. Which means if I drop it I am only probably screwed, not certainly screwed.

Now, I eagerly await my next trip out surfing. Alabama, when will you send back Jason?

4 Comments:

  • So how about some shots from the new toy...?

    Please keep it clean though.

    ;-}

    By Blogger Robbie Coleman, at 3:19 PM  

  • As soon as I get out there I'll post them. Maybe surfing on Thanksgiving?

    By Blogger Yen, at 9:11 AM  

  • Sunday morning, 9am, my house. Let's do it! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:30 AM  

  • Stylish.
    Not too shabby for the price.
    2x zoom kinda sucks, but as long as you are close to your subject it looks like a good beach cam. They make those waterproof cases for most of the major brands now, but that thing might survive the dip without it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home