Yeninko of the Umlaut

Monday, November 28, 2005

It Is Cold

This weekend while in Half Moon Bay in my wetsuit huddling from the wind with Paula, Shawn made an astute point. Perhaps it was a little to cold to be surfing. Which is a pretty obvious thought if I had bothered to think about it. It IS getting cold. Just the day before I could hardly bare to crawl out of the warm electric blanket heaven that is my bed. In fact I didn’t for hours. I know that out here on the coast in California we don’t get the severe weather with snow and what like much of the country not but damn, it does get frigid out here. Things aren’t built for the cold. I’ve yet to see double paned windows on any of the house in which I’ve lived in California. I think it may be time to start snuggling in. Time to grab those sweat pants and extra blankets, warming up some yams and winter veggies and stocking up on some books. Today I rode my motorcycle through the rain to get it home despite my vow never to ride in the rain again because it looks like it isn’t going to stop raining for a while. But she is stored out of the rain and will probably stay there for some time. No more cycling through the city either.

Cold and wet. Luckily attending college in Arcata has prepared me for just such an occasion. No if I could only find some gamer kids to trudge through the woods with me.

2 Comments:

  • Why does this come up as second on the RSS feed, but not on the main page? Are you lying with your dates again? Is RSS just being wierd?

    I was going to point out that I had posted about the weather myself yesterday, when I went to check the date to see if it was really yesterday compared to yours or the same day, and it said Nov 2005 I was like "so why is this coming up on his page now?"

    http://dioderm.livejournal.com/6542.html

    By Blogger Stanza, at 1:02 PM  

  • RSS basically considers any update worthy of sending a notice about. So if I find a typo and correct it, RSS send you a copy.

    By Blogger Yen, at 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home