Yeninko of the Umlaut

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Spare Change?

As you know I'm pretty broke right now which is actually more fun that you might expect. Most of the things that were standard activities in my life (primarily eating out and buying stuff) I now can't afford to do.

In any case, I was trying to catch a ride on a bus last night when I realized I had the requisite $1.50 but only if I include ten pennies. But as you may not know, SF's buses have one of the few machines still in this world that actually treat pennies as real currency. So I got on my bus and took that ride. But it got me to thinking about pennies. I know of only two machines that take them, the aforementioned SF buses and parking meters in Hudson, Wisconsin. Does anyone else out there know of any?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • Yeah, the parking meters in UCLA will but only if you scrape one end of it so it fits in the dime slot...

    ...best part of this is it tends to through off the meter and give you max time for only one scraped penny.

    ;-}

    Note: this was true in my post High school days of the early 90's...

    By Blogger Robbie Coleman, at 8:27 AM  

  • The buses in Boston has taken pennies as long as I can remember.

    --Stanza

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home