Yeninko of the Umlaut

Friday, September 16, 2005

Project S(urf)

As some of you may know I have taken up the hobby of surfing. Unfortunately, I have yet to take up the hobby of car ownership which leads me to some difficulty getting myself and my board to the requisite body of water.

After some research (thank you Craigslist bikes, transit, peds forum) I have come up with a solution.




With Ocean Beach (America's most dangerous urban beach) a short three miles away I thought this would be the prefect solution to my troubles. However the price tag of $100 gave me pause. Perhaps there was a better way...and there is.




Yep, it's the $12 Do-it-Yourself Sidemounted Surfboard Rack for a Bicycle (v 1.1)

Since the only bike I own is a street bike I plan on picking up an old mountain bike for the project, which should be in vast supply now that Burning Man is over. I'm also hoping to attach a kids carrier on the back of the bike for the additional gear (wetsuit, towel, snacks) as well as some rear pegs a la BMX style in case anyone wants a ride. I figure all in all I should be able to do it for $100. I'll keep you all apprised.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home