Yeninko of the Umlaut

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

"Oi, Dancing Boy! "

I was watching Billy Elliot a couple days back and about 20 minutes into it I starting getting pissed off because I could only understand every other freaking word due to the thick-ass Northern England accent. I turned to my roommate Corey of The Notebook fame, and said, "I have to turn this off, I really can’t understand what the hell is going on." Her reply? "Turn on the subtitles", which I did and thusly I watched the entire movie. A touching tale that warmed me cockles.

Speaking of cockles I just have to mention Billy Elliot’s friend, Michael Caffrey played by Stewart Wells. You know, that kid wearing that dress with the lipstick? I seriouslynever expected to find a pre-pubescent boy dressed in drag attractive but, damn that kid was hot. Which is wrong on so many levels I don't even want to think about it.

Oh, totally off topic but Andrea Polizzi’s middle name is Evil.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home