Yeninko of the Umlaut

Thursday, August 11, 2005

A New (Old) Bike!

As I mentioned previously, I have really become interested in cycling (no spandex yet kids...yet) and the old bike which lacked rear breaks, a front derailleur and was sized for someone about a foot shorter than me wasn't cutting it. So with tons of help from Alex Dorfman, Dave Richard and Dan formerly of Treasure Island (what is his last name?) I have a new bike.

Oddly, it looks very similar to my old bike just bigger. I picked it up off this guy on craigslist for $200. Everything seems to be in order, except the breaks need some adjustment and I'm going to get one of those new seats with the space for your, um, undercock? Whatever that thing is that hurts us boys when we sit to long.

It's a Trek Elance 330 from the early nineties with something like a 60cm or 62cm frame. That should mean something to people who know things, though not I. If not for the abovementioned folks I might have ended up with a Huffy.

1 Comments:

  • I just got my bike back from the shop, where they made an old Sekine 10-speed road bike (manufactured in Manitoba in the 70s, supposedly) into a single speed (but not fixed wheel--I'm a bit scared by those puppies). It's now lighter than Vegan Travis observing ramandan. I tried to fix it myself, but it didn't really work. The rear wheel kept on falling off, and it turned into a bit of a safety hazard (not just for me). After the rear axle taco'd for the second time, I brought it in, and now I'm happier than a student touring the heineken factory.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home