Yeninko of the Umlaut

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Laptop Lifestyle

So I’m chillin in my living room trying to figure out what happened to a package I sent Via USPS to France with Corey who is studying for a final, when in walks Pacey. She plops down on the couch and announces that she is going to create a spreadsheet of her wardrobe because all the disorganization in her closet is starting to bother her. Which I find both odd and fascinating. Technology being used to organize ones closet? What an odd world we live in. Back to hunting down the package.

...

Then I realize that I’m dealing with the mail, on a laptop, Corey is studying to be an attorney, on a laptop and Pacey is organizing her clothes, on a laptop. My world is so very different from my parents that I think it might be unrecognizable to them.

2 Comments:

  • eh, it's only natural I suppose. One night about a month ago, I had a dream about RFID tagging and catagorizing every possession I own.

    If I wanted to go camping, I'd use the RFID reader to locate all items tagged "camping". If I wanted to work on my bike, I'd search out "tools".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:17 PM  

  • oh uh, so the point being, maybe we're all smart monkeys that can't help but use the tools around us. ... or something.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home