Yeninko of the Umlaut

Friday, May 20, 2005

Incidentals

I lost 13lbs. somewhere. I don’t generally weigh myself but I recently was down in the Occupational Medicine department and asked if I could use their scale. Turns out I weigh less than my last year in college. Which is odd, I sort of expected the inexorable slide toward more rotundish features and yet here I am, thirteen pounds slimmer. The thing that gets me I that I’m pretty thin to start with, I’m not sure I have much more than that to lose and in addition I’ve taken up surfing and cycling about four miles to work (which wouldn’t be that much but for the damn SF hills) and I sort of figured that I would be putting on more weight what with the muscle mass being built. Anyhow it is a mystery to me. In case there are any of you worried about me starving myself, last night I had a bag of chips and a bunch of cookies for dinner and today I’ve eaten four and a half donuts for lunch and breakfast, which while not typical should give you some idea that I’m not fasting.

Peoples – In the last week I received messages from three different old friends who managed to track me down via this blog (two are married to each other but still!). And really, while that isn’t what this blog is really about (I don’t know what it is about, but I’m pretty sure that isn’t it), it is a pretty awesome side effect. I’m not sure why this last week was the special week but it may have to do with the fact that this blog is finally the first hit under my name on Google. Speaking of hits, you all need to check out Zabasearch.com if you haven’t already. For some people there isn’t much info but my name proved to be very accurate. In any case if there are any of you out there reading this that I know or don’t know, drop me a line. I don’t generally give shout outs but Hello Robin, Rob and Smadar, thanks for dropping by.

Dream Machine – A few months back I moved out of my old apt and having no alarm clock of my own I went to a thrift store to purchase a nice new used one. Lo and behold* there was nothing less that the Sony Dream Machine® Circa 1989. It is the exact same machine, for example, as the one I had when I was hanging out with Robin back in middle school. And this is a good thing because I’m not the swiftest at learning how to operate these things when I’m asleep in the dark and this seems to be the time when my alarm clock skilz are in the greatest need. But with the Dream Machine, well I’ve already been through the learning curve with this bad boy back in the ‘where is all this hair coming from’ stage of my life...ah who am I kidding, I’m still wondering where it all came from.

*Lo and Behold? It sounds like bovine behaviour.

3 Comments:

  • It's good to see that you keep track of comments posted to fairly old blog posts... ;-}

    Good to hear from you too!

    And apparently I have been posting way more comments to other peoples blogs than posts of my own!

    Keep up the posts dude! I dig 'um...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:07 PM  

  • I've so enjoyed reading your posts, since discovering your blog via google.

    You are just as witty as ever and I'm not just saying that because you mentioned me in your last posting....no really!

    But seriously, it's great to know that you have surrounded yourself with a wealth of good friends.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:09 PM  

  • Hooooray the Incidentals Post has returned let us reeejoice!

    ;-}

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home