Yeninko of the Umlaut

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Bike Move or I Love Bicycle!

That is right people, moving by bicycle.

In other news, I have recently taken to bicycling more often as a result of my move. And I love it. Hardly a week goes by that I don't call Dave with a question.

Yen: Hey Dave, can I take off the rear brakes? Or would that be that bad?
Dave: Nope, take'em off.
Yen: Should I keep them for something?
Dave: Nope, trash'em!

Later
Yen: Hey Dave, I have all these gears I don't use, what should I do?
Dave: Take'em off, throw them away.

I also noticed I have fledging calf muscles now. If you wanna pet them just let me know.

This posting is dedicated to my brother Dushan (yeah, that is right, Dushan) who taught me to ride a bike and then taught me to ride one handed so I could drink a coke and keep up with him an all his bike friends. And who then taught me to ride with no hands so I could eat an AM/PM Hot Dog and ride my bike so he and his freinds didn't have to wait for me to finish eating. What a sight we must have been, a flock of kids on bikes, peddling with no hands eating 59 cent hot dogs and drinking sodas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home