Yeninko of the Umlaut

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hello, And What's Your Name?

I love lists. Not so much the to-do sort but the lists of things we know, for example I and some friends, most notably Stanza, would often sit around trying to name every country in the world. You’d be surprised by several interesting observations. First, how many nations you do know, then when you realize the current count is over 180 you’ll be startled by the fact you don’t even know the names of half the nations of the world. Then, if you are anything like myself, you will be amazed by the fact that you really, really need to know what the other 96 you missed were. Presidents are another good list to try (I could have sworn Anderson was a president), but I digress.

Recently I was reading some bit about Famous People™ and I started wondering who I knew more of, Famous People™ or Real People™ (Real being defined as someone you have met [and met being open to interpretation in this Ethernet world] and can recall at least their first name). Imagine creating a list of all the people you have met and all the famous people who’s first and last names you know (exceptions for Cher, Madonna and the like). I am given to the suspicion that I 'know' more Famous People™ than Real People™, which I think is very odd. I’m not sure what it has to say about anything but it seems that maybe I need to go out and ask more people’s names, like the coffee shop guy and the news paper guy and basically every other human I meet.

3 Comments:

  • Yo Yeninko,

    I finally (?) decided to be cool like you.

    http://antester.blogspot.com
    or even
    http://stanza.techfocus.net (but it just links to the above).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 PM  

  • Hey, I know you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:54 PM  

  • Hey...

    I remember you!

    Howz u been doin'?

    -Robbie Coleman
    (of no relation to the Famous "Gary Coleman")

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home