Yeninko of the Umlaut

Friday, February 11, 2005

The debt monkey on a pike!

I am out of debt* for the first time since...I dunno a few months in 2002? In any case I have been paying pretty much every extra penny I could into my Credit Card for the last year or so and I'm finally above water.

I basically was putting 25-40% of my take home pay each month on them. The thing that is going to be refreshing next month when I get my first bill free paycheck is just having dough that i can spend on myself for what ever. It's like I just got a 25% pay raise since I haven't been really getting that money for months now. An Ipod is the future. I promised that once I paid off my Credit Cards I'd treat myself to an Ipod and a guitar. So that should be sometime next month.

For the record I'm far from debt free, after all I have student loans and I owe someone about $200, but even so, it is quite a relief to have the debt monkey on a pike in my yard. A sight to admire.

2 Comments:

  • i got an ipod for you, not the most current model, but it still works. congrats

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:50 PM  

  • you are an inspiration!

    and now you can use that extra cash to take bart out to see me in the east bay. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home