Yeninko of the Umlaut

Monday, August 09, 2004

Ted Turner

How I love Ted Turner? Let me count the ways. This is the guy who kicked down $1,000,000,000 to the UN because the US wouldn't pay it's fees (Japan and Norway pay more to the UN per capita than the world largest economy; actually I think most developed countries do). This is the guy who railed against the Forbes top 100 richest list saying it gave a reason for the super wealthy to keep that money and began giving his away his wealth to get off the list (after giving away one third of his personal income he said “I am no poorer today than I was yesterday”). A guy who owns Big Media and hates the idea of Big media. All that and he has bipolar affective disorder. Incredible. Oh and he slept with that chick from the Blue Lagoon. An inspiration (and not just because of the Blue Lagoon thing).

1 Comments:

  • He spoke at my college graduation, you know. And it was the most incoherent, meandering, drunken speech I've ever heard in my life. It made no sense; it seemed as though he was merely muttering in his sleep. Afterwards, it was played on NPR as an example to graduation speakers of what not to do. (Hello, this is Matt :), from the Six Apart thingy. Lovely blog.)

    By Blogger MattyMatt, at 6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home