Yeninko of the Umlaut

Tuesday, August 03, 2004

Bubble tea

Okay so my new thing is Bubble tea, also known as Boba, Tapioca pearls, Sago, etc. Basically it is a flavored tea of some sort, usually with some milk to which is added Tapioca pearls, which are small black, gleaming balls of delicious chewing fun of about marble size.

A large straw is affixed to your drink and viola, you can suck the pearls into your mouth for a pleasant chewing experience. Plus they are loaded with caffeine. I’m suggesting the massive caffeine rush is what has got me all goggle-eyes over them, but it is a possibility. In any case I have been sampling these all over the bay area. Hrm, maybe a business idea?

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Bubble tea is disgusting. The tea part is cool but I can't get over the picking gooey shit out of my teeth part.

    --jason

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:16 PM  

  • Definitely don't open a store in our neighborhood. There are two to three shops on every block on Clement between our houses. I'm a fan of the "Quickly" chain. There's also a no-name shop between 7th & 8th that has a good deal if you buy two at the same time. I think they give you a dollar off.

    By Blogger Jason Dearborn, at 9:40 AM  

  • No shit it's a good business idea. Just not in SF. Come up here and start one! There is NO bubble tea to be had, you'd have a monopoly to start with.
    - gen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:56 PM  

  • One day me and Steffi went out for Sushi and bubble tea. Steffi said something to the effect of "Do you think these things would make good projectiles?" And I responded in the affirmative.

    A bubble tea fight suddenly occurred.

    She posted about at her blog:
    http://ravenofdreams.livejournal.com/21047.html

    By Blogger Stanza, at 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home